Early post...leaving for Budapest tonight. Night train - sleeper car!!!
This morning I was already and packed so I could leave Prague without worry. My plan was to spend a majority of the day at the Jewish Cemetery and synagogues.
Well, I walked up to the entrance and apparently today, tomorrow are Jewish holidays...BUMMER - it is the "Eight Day of Assembly and Day of Celebrating the Torah". Note to all of you out there.
Now, my day needed to take a different direction. I just started to roam the northern part of the city and stroll along the river. From there I stumbled into the National Gallery in Prague. It looked cool so I thought why not; well it was a HUGE exhibit of Bohemia and Central Europe 1200 to 1550. Let me just tell you the entire focus of art during that period in this region was religious. The exhibit in my opinion was an overkill of depicting Christ, Virgin Mary, apostles, saints, and everything else faith based. I didn't last more than 30mins. But on the plus side I can safely say that type of art is not one of my favorites.
After that I continued roaming into shops, cafe's, and window cruising. I spent some time in Wenceslas Square people watching. Huge tourist area, they had a thai message parlor and in the window people sat on a bench and had their feet in a pool of water and tiny little fish ate their dead skin. SUPER CREEPY!!! I thought about doing it for a moments notice then regained my senses.
Finished my day out cruising an out door market and St. Nicholas Church. For my last meal here it was a sausage vendor w/onions and mustard - delicious.
My train leaves in a couple hours. I am chit chatting with some kids from Florida St *UGH - football team. Also, Hans from San Fran is here telling me about his day.
On to Budapest...
Sounds lie so much un. Makes me wish I wilted to have children..don't tell carter. Love you
ReplyDeleteThis is Sarah. I really want to do a European tour someday (if the kids don't drive me and Jared into an early grave first). Thanks for letting me experience it vicariously. Hope you figure out the pictures thing soon.
ReplyDelete