
Me before my journey, out in front of the hostel. A grand thing about this the city is the bike friendly road/sharing. Every street had a bike lane and along the river there was a path. I had a rough idea of where I was going. I mad my way through to the river and started.

It was a crisp morning but the sunshine made it perfect non-coat weather...for me. I road this path for about 9 km before it turned into a trail and the city bike couldn't handle. So stood by this little cove and got startled but a golden retriever. The water was this aqua mist, I could describe it being like water at lake Tahoe.

My stroll back toward the city I stopped at a giant store for some breakfast - another pastry...good thing I was "exercising". From there I realized I was less than 2kms from Hellbrunn Castle and gardens. This is where they shot the front of the Von Trapp home. So I wandered over to there on another bike trail :). The gardens were bike friendly. I sat for while watching ducks and swans commune in a pond. Seriously! This is European living!!! (took pics with camera not phone). After a while I road along the Saljburget Nachrichten Radweg trail...say that three times fast!

The view along the way to the old part of the city. Once I got to the city center I parked my bike and walked my way to the outdoor market for some lunch.

Not as good as a post TEAM ride bit ideal for this day. What more do you need; you typically eat next to the stand and accompany it with a very big beer...I opted for water :)
Tomorrow...Munich.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment