Left Budapest this morning, arrived in Vienna around 2pm. I got lost within the train station but finally managed to get out there and to the hostel 45 mins later. I should mention it technically is 4mins away. Oh well, I needed a little travel character building. ASK FOR DIRECTIONS...I was asking left and right tell I got my barrings and some nice young girls to help me out. :)
Got settled and have a room with 5 other female bunkmates. Only 2 of them are filled. Very clean and in a great location. I got familiar with a better map. The front desk told me that tomorrow is another NATIONAL holiday - so all the stories are closed but the museums are open. THANK GOODNESS!
I hauled out of there and went to Naschmarkt - a great outdoor market that specializes in olives, dried fruit, butchers, bakers, and spices. Along with lots of local delicatessens. From there I roamed around the outer side of the city and walked along Mariahilfer Strabe (grand shopping street). Tons of western and eastern stores. Passed by the Opera House - beautiful sight...will be going on a tour of it tomorrow.
I picked up some more postcards...and found a café for dinner. The menu was full of speciality meat - baby lamb, calf, venison, and duck liver...went with the soup - was not up for anything ¨heavy¨.
LESSON LEARNED #4 - bread baskets aren´t free. Each item actually cost and so that one roll with your soup is 3,50euro! Didn´t know till I got the bill.
Post dinner...walked back to the hostel, started mapping tomorrow. I have a nasty cold that I got from Budapest...when checking out they told me it was going around. YEAH for non-FDA drugs!!! Hoping they kick in soon plus a magic spell.
You're making me hungry!!!!
ReplyDelete