Bright and early I arose to see one final thing in Vienna before leaving on a train to Salzburg.
A brisk 15 min walk and I was at the Schoenbrunn Palace and Gardens.
This place was PHENOMINAL! It reminded me of Versailles. Huge Palace with hundreds of open acres of manicured gardens, statues, zoo, and museum. I didnt have time to see the place. But I spent a great hour walking the gardens and taking in the city scape. I took a moment to truly beathe in the beauty. There were tons of runners and walkers. You could run for hours and not see the same thing twice.
After my time there I grabbed by pack and headed for the train station. The train ride was lovely, sprawling countrysides and tiny towns.
Walking the train cabin I heard some chattering about a familiar topic. I passed by and saw 3 Mormon Sister Missionaries...I laughed and spoke to them for a moment. They were on their way to Munich for a conference.
I enjoyed my ride. 4 short hours later and I arrived in Salzburg. I got to my hostel in 15 mins!!! Im sharing a room with a couple from Italy they are here on a long weekend holiday. I cleaned up and decided to get familiar with the town.
Inital thoughts...charming and buds right up to a HUGE mountain ridge. Saw tons of shops, didnt use a map wanted to just walk. Tomorrow is a big tour and map day. Came back to the hostel and per the recommendation of Rick Steves, I ate at a local place. The best EVER spinach dumplings with cream sauce. I was rolling my way back to the hotel. Shared a table with two very kind local men who explained the menu to me.
What I still find odd...water is more than beer or soda...go figure.
Tomorrow...BIG post...stay tune.
No comments:
Post a Comment