Friday, November 4, 2011

A rainy day is still a good day in Paris

Yesterday was a pretty rainy day. I kind of too my time getting ready for the day.


Me at the Arc de Triomphe, eight lanes of mayhem. It was also the starting point of where I ran my first marathon. Quite a unique place.



Me in front of the Opera House; it is in the 9th district. Tons of shopping and tourist.

I also visited the d'orsay museum. It was quite a sight. I have seen dozens of museums and I haven't reached my overload yet...the Louvre and maybe the Pompidou. I just am still in awe of what I see. Pro sly because I really only seek out the stuff that interest me and I'm not pressed to tour with anyone. I hop in and out at my pace.

Let me tell you about the d'orsay.
Monet - huge collection of landscaping and water lilies
Renoir - les baigneuses and ballerina dancer
Van Gogh - self portraits, bedroom, countryside and house-great collection
Cezanne, Mattisse, and Toulouse Lautrec

They were all jut fantastic to see up close. I would kill my art history class now.

They also has a special exhibit dedicated to Oscar Wilde: the art, writings, fashion, design inspired by his work. It was a wide spectrum of influence.

The museum was fairly crowded so there were times I needed to distance myself from the groups so I would duck into another less crowded exhibit.

I also visited another pastry shop...it's what you do in Paris. It is called Goaselin; I had a fantastic almond/honey croissant.

In the evening Melanie and I has a delicious dinner at an Indian restaurant. It was almost as good as my former boss Roopal's cooking. It was a nice reminder of home.

Two more days of l'amour...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment