Thursday, November 3, 2011

From sun to rain it's still Paris

Well I've made a good dent on the city by metro, bike, and foot. I took a bike tour yesterday with a local company it was a big group. 14 adults and 4 kids. I hung back based on everyone's bike skills. It was nice, they don't believe in helmets in France unless it is vespa.

I saw the:
Eiffel Tower
Louvre
Hotel des Invalides
Sainte Chapelle
Champ-de-mars
Golden Dome
Liberty Flame
rode over the Pont Alexandre III
Place de la Comcorde
and cruised along the river Seine






The weather was perfect fall, slight breeze and sunshine in the early afternoon.

With the weather being good after the tour I was advise to go to the Sacre Coeur. They told me to avoid scams and all people who approach they will hassle you for money.

The walk from the metro is steep but worth the hike. I was approached 2 times; not hard for me to shake them off.




In the evening my lovely host made a great Parisian dinner. The baguette and cheese were delicious! After dinner we went to her gym and took a body pump class. Funny to be told to push and hang-in there in French.

Tomorrow...another day in Paris.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. That sounds just awesome. Yummy food too. Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Are the exercises the same in France as they are here? (totally kiding) :)

    ReplyDelete