I tok the metro to Denfert-Rocheran. I planned on seeing a crypt. I got off and there was a line around the block. I decided it wasn't worth it. I've seen dead people and tombs. My next it was walk and shop at an outdoor market. On Saturdays and Sunday's it is state law that each district has a local market. Melanie told me about a great one in the 14 district, along Edgar Quinet. I strolled shopped and had an delicious egg and cheese crepe. I also tasted some amazing coconut macaroons. They had local musicians playing on accordions.
Got a little turned around on the way to my next stop, the Jardin du Lexenbourg. It is a massive park with gardens, fountains, playgrounds, tennis courts and a small but tasteful palace. Typical for Europe. Around one of the fountains are metal lounge chairs. I took full advantage of them. I sat and read for a while and took a little power nap. Not typical of me but I really enjoyed the scene.

Next stop was just down the road, the Pantheon. I was going to go inside but it was 8euros. No thank you, I've seen the other one in Rome :)
Just over a bridge, down the street was Notre Dame. Still a great sight and quant. It looks just the same from when I saw it 7 years ago. There were two long lines so I just walked the outside grounds.
After crossing another bridge I stumbled upon a site from my last trip a merry-go-round in front of the Hotel de Valle. I rode it my last trip here and have a picture on it. This time I just stopped and smiled.

Next stop, walk the enormous shopping districts in 3,4, and 5. You had stores that were small and cheap to high-end million dollar boutiques. Some of the windows were amazing. Not to mention the pastry shops.

Of course, throughout Paris there is music. I stumbled along a pick up group string orchestra! Crazy but cool. I enjoyed every musical note.

My day ended right back where it all began.

Tomorrow...home.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Paris, France
No comments:
Post a Comment